Epic is working with the Jabatan Kemajuan Orang Asli Malaysia (JAKOA) to help transport food aid to Orang Asli Communities around Peninsular Malaysia.
The Ministry of Rural Development (KPLB), via JAKOA, is in the process of distributing food baskets and health supplies to over 50,000 Orang Asli families in Peninsular Malaysia. However, this remains a challenge due to:
- The lack of enough transport to reach every family
- Low accessibility in remote areas that pose major logistical challenges
We are looking for extraordinary people to help transport this food aid to these different villages.
The three main villages that need will be delivered aid are:
Kg Orang Asli Tanah Abang
Kg Orang Asli Peta
Kg Orang Asli Punan
However aid may be distributed to different villages along the way.
Volunteers will be working with JAKOA to help pickup, transport and distribute goods to these villages.
In trying times like this, we really appreciate your help to support our frontliners in any way that you can!
Before you sign up for this, please do note on the below:
1) If you have kids and/or seniors at home, you are NOT ENCOURAGED to do this. Do look after the safety of your family at home first.
2) You also verify that you are currently in good health, with NO symptoms of Covid-19 such as fever, dry cough, running nose, etc.
3) You have NOT been in contact with anybody who is a suspected patient, or could have been in touch with a suspected patient.
4) You have NOT been to any social or public gatherings over the last 14 days. You are ultimately responsible for your own safety and your own personal hygiene.
5) You are responsible to enforce the social distancing rule throughout your time in production, keeping a minimum of 1m distance from the next person.
6) You wear covered shoes with long pants, to help enforce hygiene.
No impact specified.
No SDGs specified.
No participant yet. Be the first to join the mission!
No reviews to show.